Vue.js : Learning the basics by building a movie web app
Learn the basics of Vue by building a simple movie application utilizing Vuex, Vue Router, axios, firebase, and more.
What you’ll learn
- Create Vue. application
- CRUD with Firebase and Firestore
- API service
- Vue Router
By enrolling and finishing this course you will gain a clear insight into Vue.js and learn how to build your first Vue.js application. This course is primarily geared towards beginners and developers who would like a quick crash-course into Vue.js development.
This does not mean that we will take it easy and only work with the simplest approaches!
Here are, summarized, some of the things you will learn throughout this course.
- Install Vue CLI and create a new projectYou will learn how to create a new project with Vue CLI (command line interface). We will explore and explain all files and folders that come created with the default project.
- Create routes and learn how to manage state with VuexYou will learn how to create and programmatically navigate through the Vue application. You will also learn how to manage the global application-level state separate it using modules.
- Dive into life-cycle hooks, Vue.js directives, mixinsYou will learn all the steps through which a component goes from its creation till the moment it is destroyed. Learn some of the Vue directives and look at how we can share similar code across multiple components.
- Create CRUD with firebaseLearn how to create basic CRUD operations with Axios and Firebase and make API calls to update the global state.
- You will have funYou will have fun learning more about Vue and working on this lovely movie application.
Who this course is for:
- Begginer developers looking to enhance their skills by learning Vue