Unreal Engine C++ The Ultimate Game Developer Course
Learn how to develop, code and package a complete video game in Unreal Engine
What you’ll learn
- How to program in Unreal Engine C++.
- How to create a complete UE4 game from start to finish.
- Those with no experience in Unreal Engine C++ will master Unreal.
- Combat, adventure game mechanics, platforms, game saving/loading and menu design.
- Those already experienced in game development will further expand their skills.
- Those who already develop in another engine such as Unity will master Unreal.
- Basic understanding of Unreal Engine C++ or a similar language (C#, Python, Java, etc.)
- No experience in Unreal Engine needed.
- Memory space on computer for Unreal Engine, Visual Studio or XCode, and game assets (meshes, animations, etc.)
In this series, you will learn Unreal Engine C++ programming from the basics all the way up to packaging a complete video game. You will learn all of the following and more:
- Object, Actor, Pawn and Character creation, and the differences between these classes
- Coding a complete character class, complete with animations and user input
- Finding a nearly endless selection of free assets and how to download and use them for your game
- Enemy movement and behavior
- Combat with melee weapons
- Picking up and equipping items
- Damage, Hit Points and Death
- HUD elements including Health and Stamina Bars as well as Icons
- How to create menus, including a Pause menu
- Saving and Loading game data even after turning off the computer or exiting the game
- Switching levels in game
- Floating platforms using interpolation
- Timers for delays in game logic
- Trigger volumes, pressure switches, and doors
- Bombs, explosives and hazards
- Logging and drawing spheres for debug purposes
- Using Unreal Engine C++ concepts applied to game development
- Much much more!
This is a C++ course and some basic knowledge of the C++ (or a similar language) is needed. If you don’t have the basics of C++ down, my first course teaches everything you need to know for this course.
Who this course is for:
- Aspiring game developers.
- Those wanting to enter the games industry as a game programmer.
- Indie game developers who want to create their own games.
- Anyone who wants a COMPLETE game in their portfolio!