TECH EXPLORATIONS™ ARDUINO STEP BY STEP: GETTING STARTED
The original comprehensive course designed for new Arduino Makers
- Build simple circuits around the Arduino Uno, that implement simple functions.
- Write simple Arduino sketches that can get sensor reading, make LEDs blink, write text on an LCD screen, read the position of a potentiometer, and much more.
- Understand what is the Arduino.
- Understand what is prototyping.
- Understand analog and digital inputs and outputs
- Understand the ways by which the Arduino can communicate with other devices
- Use the multimeter to measure voltage, current, resistance and continuity
- Use protoboards to make projects permanent
- be productive with the Arduino IDE, write, compile and upload sketches, install libraries
- Understand what is Arduino programming, it’s basic concepts, structures, and keywords
- Detect and measure visible light, color, and ultraviolet light
- Measure temperature, humidity and acceleration
- Measure the distance between the sensor and an object in front of it
- Detect a person entering a room
- Detect a noise
- Make noise and play music
- Display text on a liquid crystal display
- A Windows, Mac or Linux computer
- An Arduino Uno
- Electronics parts like resistors, LEDs, sensors, as listed in Section 1 of the course
- Essential tools: a mini breadboard, jumper wires, a multimeter, a soldering iron and solder, wire cutter
- Be excited about electronics!
This is the original, best-selling Arduino course on Udemy, by Tech Explorations, fanatically supported by Dr Peter Dalmaris. It is trusted by thousands of students, and contains 16 hours of content, quizzes, Github code repository, thousands of active student discussions, and countless downloadable and linked resources.
Please don’t be confused by other courses with a similar name.
This course is for the new Arduino Maker.
Do you have a passion for learning?
Are you excited about becoming a Maker with the Arduino?
If you answered “yes!” to both, then you are ready to get started!
In making this course, I emphasized the importance of getting the basics right and learning to mastery. As an educator for over 15 years, I know first-hand that hitting a roadblock because you lack the fundamental knowledge to progress can be demotivating.
In ASbS 2017: Getting Started, I make sure that in the more than 15 hours of video content, mini projects and quizzes, we cover all the basics so that you can enjoy learning about the Arduino.
By the end of the course, you will have a good understanding of the capabilities of the Arduino Uno, the best Arduino for people getting started, and you will be familiar with the capabilities of several of its cousins.
You will be comfortable with the basic prototyping tools and their usage, the basics of the Arduino programming environment, language and programming.
You will be able to use a variety of components. From simple buttons and LEDs, to visible color and ultraviolet light, and other environment sensors.
Apart from knowing how to use the components that I demonstrate in this course, you will also learn how to read datasheets, how to use libraries on your own, and how to learn the skills you need to create the gadgets you want, on your own. With knowledge comes freedom, and I will help you get there.
I invite you to review the free lectures in the first section of the course to find out more details about it.
If you are excited about becoming a Maker with the Arduino, join many other Makers and me in Arduino Step by Step 2017: Getting Started!
I look forward to learning with you!
- Students over 10 years of age, or younger with with adult supervision. Young students should be supervised at all times when using a soldering iron.
- tudents with a little or no prior experience with electronics or programming.