MASTER DISCRETE MATHEMATICS: SETS, MATH LOGIC, AND MORE
Master Discrete Mathematics: Learn and master all of Discrete Math – Logic, Set Theory, Combinatorics, Graph Theory, Etc
Last updated 6/2019
What you’ll learn
- Most Complete Course on Discrete Math offered on Udemy
Fully Understand Mathematical Logic
Grasp the Complex Topic of Counting for Advanced Mathematics
- Know When to Use Combinations or Permutations
- Solve Real World Problems Using Combinations and Permutations
- Discover How to Solve Mathematical Proofs Using a Variety of Methods
- Learn Mathematical Notation to be able to Understand Complex Proofs
- Fundamentals of Mathematics (Up to Algebra)
- Willingness to Learn
UPDATED AS OF JUNE 2019!
All new quiz solution videos plus an additional graph theory section to help students master all aspects of Discrete Math!
Welcome to Master Discrete Math!
This is a course designed to help you master the difficult topics of Discrete Math and get you prepared for a career in computer science, actuarial science, mathematics, or even engineering! I have been tutoring for many years and my students have had great experiences with my teaching methods!
Here’s what students who have taken this course have had to say:
I got this course originally to review material for my final, and the instructor is very clear in his videos. I wish I had this at the beginning of the semester! – Jessica, Udemy Student
Easy to understand, Concepts are well explained and demonstrated. – Jeremy, Udemy Student
Great course on Discrete Math. The practice questions are a big help! – Bridgette, Udemy Student
This Master Discrete Math Course includes over 30 lectures that will introduce students to many topics including sets and their properties, advanced counting techniques (combinations/permutations), mathematical logic, and graph theory. The students’ progress will be measured along the way through practice videos and quizzes that contain examples following almost every new topic. This course can be broken into a few key categories:
- Set Theory: Students will leave this course understanding what sets are, the nuances of sets, and how to find power sets.
- Mathematical Logic: After this course students students will understand mathematical logic and truth tables. They will learn the many logic laws that help computers run complex algorithms while also learning how to solve basic proofs using truth tables.
- Advanced Counting Techniques: Students will learn the advanced counting techniques used by poker players and statisticians that help them analyze complex problems. Students will be exposed to the sum and product principles along with the combination and permutation formulas. There will be an abundance of practice problems in this section due to its difficulty!
- Mathematical Proofs: Students will learn the foundations of writing mathematical proofs. We will discuss the many different methods of mathematical proofs and go through many examples. This section is often important as you go into other math classes that can be very proof heavy.
- Graph Theory: We finish the course with a section on graph theory. Graph theory is a huge and important part of mathematics that we begin to scratch the surface on in this course. Students will begin to see the wide ranging applications of graph theory when they learn about Euler and Hamilton paths/circuits, complete/bipartite graphs, and more.
- Computer Science Majors
- Math Majors
- People interested in the math behind computers
- People interested in mathematical logic
- Anyone wanting to expand their mathematical knowledge
Size: 3.59 GB