Complete Vue Developer 2023: Zero to Mastery (Pinia, Vitest)
Ultimate guide to Vue 3 Development. Build large scale applications and deploy to production. Go from Zero to Mastery!
What you’ll learn in Complete Vue Developer 2023
- Build enterprise level Vue applications and deploy to production
- File Uploads, Testing, PWAs, Internationalization, Authentication with Vue 3
- Learn to build reactive, performant, large scale applications like a senior developer
- Learn the latest features with Vue 3 including Composition API, Pinia, Vue Router + more
- Learn to build beautiful applications using TailwindCSS, Sass, CSS Animations and Transitions
- Master the latest ecosystem of a Vue Developer from scratch
- Become the top 10% VueJS Developer – Complete Vue Developer 2023
- Use Pinia (the new replacement for Vuex) for state management in your applications
- Learn to compare tradeoffs when it comes to performance and scalability
- Set up authentication and user accounts
- Use Firebase to build full stack applications
- Learn to lead Vue projects by making good architecture decisions and helping others on your team
- Master Vue Design Patterns
- Routing with Vue Router
- Converting apps to Progressive Web Apps
- Testing your application with Vitest, snapshot testing, and even E2E testing!
- Learn why Vue is outgrowing React and Angular in developer popularity!
- You do not need any experience with Vue or any other JS framework!
Just updated with all new Vue 3 features for 2023! Join a live online community of over 900,000+ developers and a course taught by industry experts that have actually worked both in Silicon Valley and Toronto with Vue.js.
Using the latest version of Vue, this course is focused on efficiency. Never spend time on confusing, out of date, incomplete tutorials anymore. Graduates of Andrei’s courses are now working at Google, Tesla, Amazon, Apple, IBM, JP Morgan, Facebook, + other top tech companies.
We guarantee you this is the most comprehensive online resource on Complete Vue Developer 2023. This project based course will introduce you to all of the modern toolchain of a Vue JS developer in 2023. Along the way, we will build a massive Music Player application similar to Spotify using Vue, Pinia, Vue Router, Composition API, Firebase, Vitest, Sass + more. This is going to be a full stack app, using Firebase.
All code is going to be provided step by step and even if you don’t like to code along, you will get access to the the full master project code so anyone signed up for the course will have their own project to put on their portfolio right away.
The curriculum is going to be very hands on as we walk you from start to finish of releasing a professional Vue project all the way into production. We will start from the very beginning by teaching you Vue basics and then going into advanced topics so you can make good decisions on architecture and tools on any of your future VueJS projects. You’re going to love Vue if you are new to front end frameworks or even if you come from a React or Angular background!
Here is what the Complete Vue Developer 2023 course will cover:
1. FUNDAMENTALS – In this section, we will learn about the fundamentals of Vue, such as computed properties, methods, and watchers. With just the fundamentals, we’ll be able to manipulate the document with events, binding, and conditional rendering. We’ll also learn how to debug an application with the official Vue Developer Tools.
2. PROJECT: PERSPECTIVE PLAYGROUND – In this section, we’ll build our first project by creating a CSS perspective playground. This will give us an opportunity to reinforce a lot of the fundamental concepts we learned in the previous section by developing a tool for visualizing how CSS properties can manipulate the perspective of an element.
4. LEARNING ABOUT THE TOOLS – In this section, we’ll take a step back from Vue to talk about some tools for developing applications. Throughout your career, you’ll need to deal with the tooling that helps us develop applications (i.e., Vite, Sass, PostCSS, ESLint). We’ll talk about how these tools are configured and why they’re necessary.
5. ADVANCED COMPONENTS – In this section, we’ll scaffold a Vue project with Vite. The goal of Vue is to make the development experience as smooth and painless as possible. Vue can help us with scaffolding a project, configuring tools, and running a server. This alleviates a lot of the more tedious tasks of web development. We’ll be able to jump straight into components to see how we can architect an application with components by using props, emitting events, slots, and dynamically rendering content.
7. PROJECT: QUIZ APP – In this section, we’re going to take everything we’ve learned thus far to develop a quiz application. Quizzes are a great way to engage users in almost any industry.
8. MASTER PROJECT: INTRODUCTION TO PINIA – In this section, we’ll start working on the master project for this course, which is a music application! Upload, manage and listen to music without interruption. We’ll use TailwindCSS to help us with designing a beautiful modern application. It’s the new kid on the block that’s being embraced by the front-end dev community. Afterward, we’ll learn about state management by using the official state library called PINIA (replaces Vuex in newer codebases).
9. MASTER PROJECT: FORM VALIDATION – In this section, we will perform form validation to prevent invalid data from being submitted. Accidents happen. It’s our job to make sure to check for mistakes. We’ll learn how to enforce rules for various scenarios.
10. MASTER PROJECT: AUTHENTICATION – In this section, we’ll begin authentication and registration. Users will be able to login immediately after registering for an account. We’ll be using Firebase as a backend solution for managing and verifying users.
11. MASTER PROJECT: ROUTING – In this section, we’re going to handle routing with the Vue Router library. Underneath, the router library is using the history API to handle navigation. It allows us to switch between pages without refreshing the assets. We’ll look at how we can use this library to help us guard routes, add meta fields, and customize the appearance of our site based on the current route.
12. MASTER PROJECT: UPLOADING FILES – In this section, we’re going to start uploading files to Firebase. It’s vital we validate files with Firebase. We don’t want users to accidentally download a malicious file when listening to music. We’ll cover how to enforce validation with Firebase rules. After doing so, we’ll store additional information in a database. We’ll even cover how to implement a fallback solution in case drag n drop is not available.
13. MASTER PROJECT: PLAYING MUSIC – In this section, we’re going to start making the audio player functional. We’ll implement basic features such as playing/pausing, scrubbing and displaying the current duration. We’ll make the rest of the site functional by allowing users to submit comments, browse music, and sort data.
14. MASTER PROJECT: DIRECTIVES – In this section, we’ll briefly learn about writing custom directives. Directives are attributes that can extend an element with additional properties and methods. We’ll cover the basics and look at advanced concepts such as modifiers and arguments.
15. MASTER PROJECT: INTERNATIONALIZATION – In this section, we’ll add internationalization to a project for translating a project across multiple languages. There are different ways to translate a message. Some messages need formatting or pluralization. We can also translate numbers (i.e., currencies). We’ll look at how to switch between languages with a few lines of code.
16. MASTER PROJECT: PWA – The web has shifted to a mobile-first approach. In this section, we’ll add PWA (Progressive Web App) features to make our app mobile-friendly by using Workbox to cache files and persist data with Firebase.
17. MASTER PROJECT: OPTIMIZATIONS – In this section, we’ll make some final optimizations before shipping our app to production. There are various techniques and tools we’ll look at to help us fine-tune our app. We can use Vite to chunk files and auto-register components. We’ll add some features for helping the user understand the app is processing a request for a friendly user experience.
18. MASTER PROJECT: DEPLOYMENT – In this section, we’ll deploy our app to Vercel with a single command! Quick and easy.
19. MASTER PROJECT: TESTING – In this section, we’ll discuss how to test a project with Vitest. Unit testing allows us to test a feature in isolation. It’s the most common type of test you’ll write. There are a few problems with testing that can be resolved with mocking. By mocking code, we’ll be able to isolate features and test them. Afterward, we’ll move on to snapshot testing and E2E testing to bring everything together.
20. COMPOSITION API – In this section, we’ll discuss the latest feature introduced in Vue called the composition API. It’s a different way of building components. While Vue provides a simple API for writing components, there are some shortcomings. The composition API resolves these issues. We’ll talk about why you would want to use the composition API and understand why it was introduced.
This course is not about making you just code along without understanding the principles so that when you are done with the course, you don’t know what to do other than watch another tutorial. No! This course will push you and challenge you to go from an absolute beginner in Vue to someone that is in the top 10% of Vue developers.
We guarantee you this is the most comprehensive online course on Vue JS! Have a look at the course outline video to see all the topics we are going to cover, all the projects we’re going to build, and all the techniques you’re going to learn to become a top Vue developer!
See you inside the Complete Vue Developer 2023 course!
Andrei Neagoie is the instructor of the highest rated Development courses on Udemy as well as one of the fastest growing. His graduates have moved on to work for some of the biggest tech companies around the world like Apple, Google, Amazon, JP Morgan, IBM, UNIQLO etc… He has been working as a senior software developer in Silicon Valley and Toronto for many years, and is now taking all that he has learned, to teach programming skills and to help you discover the amazing career opportunities that being a developer allows in life.
Having been a self taught programmer, he understands that there is an overwhelming number of online courses, tutorials and books that are overly verbose and inadequate at teaching proper skills. Most people feel paralyzed and don’t know where to start when learning a complex subject matter, or even worse, most people don’t have $20,000 to spend on a coding bootcamp. Programming skills should be affordable and open to all. An education material should teach real life skills that are current and they should not waste a student’s valuable time. Having learned important lessons from working for Fortune 500 companies, tech startups, to even founding his own business, he is now dedicating 100% of his time to teaching others valuable software development skills in order to take control of their life and work in an exciting industry with infinite possibilities.
Andrei promises you that there are no other courses out there as comprehensive and as well explained. He believes that in order to learn anything of value, you need to start with the foundation and develop the roots of the tree. Only from there will you be able to learn concepts and specific skills(leaves) that connect to the foundation. Learning becomes exponential when structured in this way.
Taking his experience in educational psychology and coding, Andrei’s courses will take you on an understanding of complex subjects that you never thought would be possible.
See you inside the courses!
Luis Ramirez Jr is a software engineer with a decade of experience in web application development. He has spent his career architecting reliable, battle-tested, secure, scalable, and performant solutions. As an engineer, it’s always a priority to develop applications that provide a fluid user experience.
Most courses will teach you the “how,” but never the “why.” Luis believes that understanding core and critical programming concepts will make you a competitive engineer in today’s market. He’s here to assist you in this journey by demystifying low-level concepts that other instructors may gloss over.
Students will walk away with the knowledge to overcome any task thrown at them with critical thinking skills and being able to effectively communicate with teammates.
Who this course is for:
- Students who are interested in going beyond a normal “beginner” tutorial
- Programmers who want to learn the most in demand skill of a web developer
- Developers that want to be in the top 10% of Vue Developers – Complete Vue Developer 2023
- Students who want to gain experience working on a scalable large application
- Bootcamp or online tutorial graduates that want to go beyond the basics