BUILD A PYTHON REST API WITH THE DJANGO REST FRAMEWORK
Connect devices, front ends, other apps, and much more by creating your own REST API. Learn how in this course.
PYTHON REST API
- What is an API?
- What is a REST API?
- How to build your own REST API
- A deeper understanding of Django
- A deep understanding of the Django Rest Framework
- A deep understanding of JWT and authentication with the Django Rest Framework
- Building an REST API with PYTHON REST API
- Some Python Experience
- Some Django Experience
REST APIs Power the Internet
How does Apple Maps have Yelp listings?
How does Tinder get Facebook user profiles?
How does Amazon Alexa know the latest news?
These questions get to the core of how powerful REST APIs can be: it allows for websites to communicate with each other without any human interaction.
Building a REST API isn’t just about connecting with third party services, it’s also about:
- Adding Authentication, Registration, Databases, and more to your Mobile App, IOT Device, TV app, Car app, and more
- Connecting your own web apps with each other
- Creating micro-services
- Adding a backend for Angular, React, iOS Apps, Android apps, and more
- Simplifying the process of separating your backend from your frontend
- Making it easier to build additional services with new developers
This course will teach you step-by-step exactly how to build a REST API
We’ll cover the concepts first, then we’ll go into build a PURE DJANGO REST API, then we’ll use the Django REST Framework to build a REST API – PYTHON REST API
- Anyone looking to connect their apps (mobile, web, iot, TV, etc) to a REST API
- Anyone looking to get better at building web applications
- Anyone looking to add Users, Security, Permissions, and a Database to anything that can connect to the internet
- Pythonistas and Beginner Python learners
- Djangonauts and Beginner Django learners