Become a CSS Master: Code 30 Projects in 30 Days
Learn CSS by Building 30 Projects in 30 Days
What you’ll learn in Become a CSS Master
- Learn CSS from scratch by building 30 fun and practical projects
- Build a new project in plain, vanilla CSS without the use of templates, frameworks or plugins.
- You’ll have a strong grasp on CSS, and more importantly, the knowledge, ability and confidence to start using CSS in your own projects.
- Best coding practices for CSS
- Learn how to create beautiful Typography in CSS
- How to edit & manipulate images with CSS
- Create an 8-bit Super Mario graphic in CSS only!
- Learn how to create modern layouts with CSS Grid & Flexbox
- Understand CSS variables
- Create sticky footers, sticky headers and sticky sidebars!
- How to create a modal window in CSS
- How to code a CSS only Tooltip –
- Create fun & engaging CSS animations
- How to create animated loaders & spinners in CSS
- Learn to code a CSS Accordion to organize large amounts of information
- How to Code Sliding Content Panels, 3D Layer Effects and CSS only Dropdown Menus
- How to Optimize CSS for Live Websites
- Create a fun Pacman & Ghost animation with CSS
- Code a CSS only Coffee Cup… seriously
- No programming experience necessary
- A very basic understanding of HTML & CSS would be helpful (but not required)
- A free code editor
- A sense of humour
What is the best way to learn a new skill (or improve a current one)?
a) Read a lot of books
b) Think about it a lot
c) Jump in and do it – Become a CSS Master
If you guessed “Jump in and do it”, you’d be correct!
While spending time understanding theory is important for learning a skill; getting your hands dirty, practicing, and immersing yourself in the thing you’re learning will yield much better results.
Want to learn a new language? Speak it.
Want to learn how to play a game? Play it.
Want to learn a sport? Practice it.
Want to learn to be funny? Tell jokes. (I can tell you from experience that, by using this method, my success rate has improved my humour! Now I only bomb a joke 8 times out of 10…)
Want to learn how to code? Start building things. A lot of things.
Here’s the catch…
If you have no direction, no roadmap, no end-goal in mind, and nobody to hold you accountable, the best case scenario is you’ll incrementally improve your ability, and worst case scenario is you’ll fail.
Which is why I created this course, CSS in 30 Days!
Each day for the next 30 days, you and I will learn CSS by building a new project in plain, vanilla CSS without the use of templates, frameworks or plugins.
By the end of the 30 days, you’ll have a strong grasp on CSS, and more importantly, the knowledge, ability and confidence to start using CSS in your own projects.
Who is CSS3 in 30 Days for?
Web Designers & Web Developers who are just starting out, or have Intermediate Level experience with CSS and want to have a strong grasp on CSS3 without relying on Frameworks, Code Snippets, Templates or Plugins.
Let’s get started!
Who this course is for:
- New web developers
- New web designers
- Experiences designers & developers who want a refresher on CSS
- Anyone who wants to learn how to manipulate webpage styles with CSS