ASP.NET Core – SOLID and Clean Architecture (.NET 5 and Up)
Create a SOLID and testable ASP.NET Core Application using CQRS, Mediator Pattern and clean architecture.
What you’ll learn
- Implement SOLID Principles
- ASP .NET Core MVC and API design
- Advanced Tools – MediatR, Automapper, Fluent API and Validation
- Custom Exceptions and Global Error Handling
- Custom .NET Core Middleware
- Using NSwag and NSwag Studio
- Use Swagger for API Documentation
- Implement CQRS Pattern
- Use Identity and JWT To Secure Application API
- Build API Client Secure Application
- Moq and Shouldly Frameworks
- Unit Testing
- At least three months of C# Development
- A Computer
- A Willingness to Learn
Creating a modular, testable and maintainable application in .NET Core requires a solid foundation. Setting up an application architecture requires foresight and much consideration as early decisions will impact how easily the application is extended and maintained.
In the long run though, applications need to be maintained and in this case, extended. Between its design and the way the code was written, neither is really possible and so the application needs to be redesigned and future proofed.
Why SOLID Architecture?
When we talk about SOLID architecture, we are referring to isn’t a straightforward task. Decisions made early in the process can have a large impact later on, and maintainability and testability play an important role. Adopting these practices can also contribute to avoiding code smells, refactoring code, and facilitate more efficient agile development.
SOLID stands for:
- S – Single-Responsibility Principle
- O – Open-closed Principle
- L – Liskov Substitution Principle
- I – Interface Segregation Principle
- D – Dependency Inversion Principle – ASP.NET Core
In this course, you explore foundational architectural principles which help with the creation of maintainable code. You will discover how to set up a real-world application architecture with ASP.NET Core. Then, you’ll learn how to plug in different, common blocks such as email, authentication and have a foundation to plug-in other third-party services as needed.
When you’re finished with this course, you’ll have the skills and knowledge of creating a testable and maintainable ASP.NET Core application needed to architect real-world, enterprise .NET Core apps.
N.B. – The project in this course is based on the deliverables in Complete ASP.NET Core and Entity Framework Development. While it is not mandatory to do this course, much of the existing code will be reused from this course’s content.
Also Read – ASP.NET Core Razor Pages The Complete Guide (.NET 6)
Build A Strong Foundation in .NET Clean Architecture:
- Learn Clean or Onion Architecture and Best Practices
- Learn Command Query Responsibility Segregation (CQRS)
- Implement Mediatr Pattern
- Add Email Service using SendGrid
- Efficient Exception Handling and Routing
- Implementing Unit Testing
- Moq and Shouldy
- Global Error Handling with Custom Middleware and Exceptions
- Adding Validation Using Fluent Validation
- Build a .NET Core API and MVC UI Application
- Implement JWT(JSON Web Token) Authentication
Content and Overview
To take this course, you will need to have some knowledge of .NET Core development and C# – ASP.NET Core
This is a huge course. Over 10 hours of premium content, but smartly broken up to highlight a set of related activities based on each module in the application that is being built. We will also look at troubleshooting and debugging errors as we go along; implementing best practices; writing efficient logic and understanding why developers do things the way they do. Your knowledge will grow, step by step, throughout the course and you will be challenged to be the best you can be.
We don’t do things the perfect way the first time; that is not the reality of writing code. We make mistakes and point them out and fix them around them. By doing this, we develop proficiency in using debugging tools and techniques. By the time you have finished the course you will have moved around in Visual Studio and examined logic and syntax errors so much, that it will be second nature for you when working in the .NET environment. This will put your new learned skills into practical use and impress your boss and coworkers.
The course is complete with working files hosted on GitHub, with the inclusion of some files to make it easier for you to replicate the code being demonstrated. You will be able to work alongside the author as you work through each lecture and will receive a verifiable certificate of completion upon finishing the course.
Clicking the Take This Course button could be the best step you could take towards quickly increasing your income and marketability! Also, remember that if you don’t think the course is worth what you spent, you have a full 30 days to get a no questions asked refund!
It’s time to take action!
See you in the course!
Who this course is for:
- Late Beginner to Intermediate Programmers
Created by Trevoir Williams