Apache Kafka Series – Kafka Connect Hands-on Learning
Kafka Connect – Learn How to Source Twitter Data, Store in Apache Kafka Topics & Sink in ElasticSearch and PostgreSQL in this Apache Kafka Series
What you’ll learn
- Configure and run Apache Kafka Source and Sink Connectors
- Learn concepts behind Kafka Connect & the Kafka Connect architecture
- Launch a Kafka Connect Cluster using Docker Compose
- Deploy Kafka Connectors in Standalone and Distributed Mode
- Write your own Kafka Connector
- Good understanding of Kafka Basic is REQUIRED to take this course
- A recent Windows / Mac / Linux machine with minimum 4GB of RAM, 5 GB of disk space
- Good to have knowledge about Linux command line
- Good to have knowledge about Docker
- A note book and pen is recommended to take notes during the entire course
A Comprehensive and Brand New Apache Kafka Series for Learning Apache Kafka Connect Framework with Hands-on Training – (Launched in April 2017)
Kafka Connect is a tool for scalable and reliable streaming data between Apache Kafka and other data systems. Apache Kafka Connect is a common framework for Apache Kafka producers and consumers.
Apache Kafka Connect offers an API, Runtime, and REST Service to enable developers to define connectors that move large data sets into and out of Apache Kafka in real time. It inherits strong concepts such as fault-tolerance and elasticity thanks to being an extension of Apache Kafka. Kafka Connect can ingest entire databases, collect metrics, gather logs from all your application servers into Apache Kafka topics, making the data available for stream processing with low latency.
Kafka Connect standardises integration of other data systems with Apache Kafka, simplifying connector development, deployment, and management.
In this course, we are going to learn the Kafka Connector deployment, configuration and management with hands-on exercises. We are also going to see the distributed and standalone modes to scale up to a large, centrally managed service supporting an entire organisation or scale down to development, testing, and small production deployments. The REST interface to submit and manage connectors to your Kafka Connect cluster via an easy to use REST API’s.
Students Loved this course – Students have rated the course with 5 stars…!!
Tin Pavlinic says “This course is an excellent resource for those getting started with Apache Kafka-Connect. Stephane explains concepts very clearly and provides plenty of practical examples. The setup is easy. You can follow the examples along on your own machine, and then experiment further. I highly recommend this Apache Kafka course.”
Alan V says “This course is GREAT: 1. The teacher provides clear explanations of the role to Kafka Connector in Kafka Streaming Solution architecture. 2. The course uses docker-compose.yml to help learners quick build a practice environment. 3. The course is well organized and easy to understand the idea, behind Kafka Connector. The teacher guides you how to use the tool step by step. 4. The provided shell commands are all well commented and steps by steps to guide users. If you read the comments in the shell script files after the course, it will remind you what the teacher just taught in the videos. 5. The teacher is very responsible to learners’ questions and very helpful. If you are a professional developer, I highly recommend you to attend this course.”
Sagar Joshi says “It was very engaging and interesting course. I recommend taking this Apache Kafka course. Stephane has provided all the required details and its really a hands-on training course. Thank you..!!”
My name is Stephane Maarek, and I’ll be your instructor in this Apache Kafka Series. I teach about Apache Kafka, the Kafka ecosystem and Kafka Certifications with my focus always on helping my students improve their professional proficiencies. I am also the co-founder of Conduktor: an enterprise Apache Kafka platform & UI to help everyone use Kafka.
Throughout my career in designing and delivering these certifications and courses, I have already taught 1,000,000+ students and gotten 350,000+ reviews!
With Apache Kafka becoming much more than a buzzword out there, I’ve decided it’s time for students to properly learn how to be a Kafka professional. So, let’s kick start the course! You are in good hands!
This Course Also Comes With:
- Lifetime Access to All Future Updates
- A responsive instructor in the Q&A Section
- Links to interesting articles, and lots of good code to base your next applications onto
- Udemy Certificate of Completion Ready for Download
This is the course that could improve your career!
Apache Kafka is a skill in high demand and there are not enough people to fulfill all the open positions. You can boost your income, take on new roles and fun challenges. Many of my students are now the Kafka experts of their companies! You can be the next!
I hope to see you inside the Apache Kafka Series!
Note: Looking for more advanced Kafka concepts? There are many volumes in the Apache Kafka Series:
- Learn Kafka for Beginners v2 (great to start)
- Kafka Connect Hands On Learning
- Kafka Streams for Data Processing
- KSQL on ksqlDB – Hands On!
- Kafka Cluster Setup & Administration
- Confluent Schema Registry & Kafka REST Proxy
- Kafka Security (SSL SASL ACL)
- Kafka Monitoring and Operations
Who this course is for:
- Developers who wants to learn Apache Kafka Connect Framework and get hands-on with it
- Professionals who are good at Apache Kafka ecosystem and basic core concepts
- Architects who want to understand how Kafka Connect fits in their Solution Architecture
Stephane Maarek | AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner,Solutions Architect,Developer